Wednesday, November 28, 2012

San Diego: 1990 Vanagon Syncro Westfalia GL (North Park) $27000

I am starting a business and am doing that which I said I would NEVER do. I am selling the Syncro. I have put a lot of blood and sweat (and tears) into this van. When I got it there were about 180K miles on the clock. Previous Owner said "the speedo is broken". I realized after a few tanks of gas that it was a 2WD speedo and replaced with a Syncro speedo from GW. The 2WD speedo reads 2x what the syncro one does so mileage is unknown. Now reads 30K miles. I have records that go back many years. There are no gaps in mileage so I assume that the motor that was put in at 140K indicated has 50K on it but I am not sure. 



Van is 4 speed manual with a granny gear. 

By that math the transmission was rebuilt when the motor went in. 50K ago. I put in fresh Redline MT90 about 10K ago front and rear. 

That said I have a freshly rebuilt 2.1L WBX with new clutch and plate waiting to be installed because I wanted this thing to be bullet proof. I am holding off in case the new owner wants to go with an alternate motor. Current motor runs well. I'll sell the fresh motor if you don' t want it. The price of the van will be adjusted accordingly. 

Van needs the usual suspension stuff- some bushings, etc. A lot of the running gear is pretty new as replaced by PO. 
Has a leaky steering rack. 
PO probably had a sideswipe collision because there is a lot of Bondo in the right side panels. The rear hatch is getting a little rusty near the window and some of the seams have the usual rust. According to PO, the PPO took it to Baja a lot. 



Van is the GL and has the following: 

Rear Locker 
2" OME lift 
Brand new Van Cafe slip yoke prop shaft (uninstalled- no snow here in SD) 
16" CLK wheels with 215/70/16 Grabber AT tires with 25K miles 
Full size matching spare on pathfinder swinging rack 
North Westy big brake kit 
New tent canvas 
GW rain fly 
Fridge removed and converted to cabinet 
Propane tank removed and converted to 1lb bottles (still have tank) 
Projekt Zwo lights and grille 
Hella lights on bumper 
Van Cafe big bumpers 
New water pump and high flow oil pump (5K miles) 
80% of exhaust is new- smogs fine 
Kenwood KVT-514 in dash slide out DVD with iPod adapter 
Larger aftermarket sunroof vent 
ProSport 20 battery charger 
Rear shoulder belts that came with the van waiting to be installed. 
Power mirrors with defrost
Power locks



Craigslist Ad - Direct Link


No comments:

Post a Comment